11 February 2011

It can be done

I really love Manager Tools. They are dedicated, nay, passionate about making people better managers.

Last month, Wendii posted a piece on there blog called "It can be Done" where Wendii talks about how a given task can see insurmountable until you've actually worked through the process.

And it made me think about the first time I sat down to write a novel. It seemed like an insurmountable task. Yet, it was something that I really wanted to accomplish. I didn't have my own method of getting there, but found people who did.

Eventually, I finished the first book. It's collecting dust somewhere in my hard drive (and probably won't ever leave that electronic corner.)

Manager Tools
may be about being a manager, but every so often a gem about writing or regular life pops through and it changes the way I view things.

I think this is essential to writing - exposure to different thoughts and ideas to expand my own world view. What do you think? Do you have a non-traditional source of inspiration?

No comments: