13 April 2007

Because that's dedication

Word Nerd thought she was doing pretty well, when this morning, with a bit of time to spare before needing to be at work, she worked on the WIP and got a whole page written.

Then, this afternoon, she's reading an interview with Lloyd Alexander in "The Wand in the Word" only to discover that when Alexander was working at his day job in publishing and writing the Prydain Chronicles, he got up at 3 a.m. every morning to write.

No wonder his books are so good.

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I wish I could get up early to write! The thing is I go to bed late, but I write best in the morning when it's quiet. *sigh*

Denise said...

If you start waking up at 3 a.m. to write, I'm driving to your apartment to tell you to go to bed. Or at least calling you when I get up at 4 a.m. and telling you to go to bed.