18 January 2007

Too much of a good thing?

Word Nerd hasn't posted a book banter column in over a week.
Shocking. She knows.
Maybe this sounds odd, but Word Nerd's not that interested in reading right now.
Here's the thing: Word Nerd is enjoying the book she's reading, but it's 438 pages and rather slow-going at times as the author recaps stuff that happened in the first three books in the series. And finishing the book has just not been a priority.
Is it possible to get booked-out?
Is this just the by-product of not reading something that's a gripping page-turner? Or just that other things are taking up time (ie, trying to meet Word Nerd's self-imposed January writing goal and conquering the world in the computer game that Word Nerd's pater familias got her for Christmas? ...thanks Dad...)

Has this happened to anybody else?

2 comments:

Stacie Penney said...

Believe me or not, but yes. I get booked out. I usually od on one genre, take a week or two off, then spend a week od'ing on another genre, but catching up the word count.

Prime Looper said...

HAHA! You're asking ME? Oh wait, you're not. You're just posing a question to your readers in general.

Oh yeah, I get booked-out. Computer games and real life generally are the culprit. Or was it lack of willpower on my end? I certainly don't read as much as you do, though, so I don't think I'd beat myself up about it.