14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's no secret that the Word Nerds are lovers of many things that are not traditionally celebrated on Valentine's Day.

Why not? Let's challenge the system! Embark on a new meaning for Valentine's day! Who really needs three pounds of chocolate, a bottle of wine and bubble bath? (Okay, I'll take it if my husband gives it to me. I'm not too crazy, afterall.)

Instead, I challenge you to think of what you love and match that to the loved one in your life. It could be list of special words, books, authors, significant classics, whatever. The sky's the limit here, folks.

For me, I have two very wonderful boys. This Valentine's Day, I give them the following list of words:
  • Loquacious, for the wonderful stories you love to share.
  • The Gourmet and The Gourmand, for the picky eater and the bottomless pit.
  • Gregarious, for your fondness of people and friends.
  • Ubiquitous, for the state of your Lego creations, video games and movies.
  • Impish, for the way they make me laugh.
The hubby, however gets a list of books that remind me of our life together:
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe by Douglas Adams
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  • Storm Front by Jim Butcher
  • Soulless by Gail Carriger

(okay, it's a little eclectic. but I think it represents. And all of the references will be lost on him. I love him anyway.)

No comments: