27 October 2006

It's Friday and...

...Word Nerd's brain is tired.

So today's blog post is largely going to depend on you, yes, you, faithful readers.

Word Nerd recently read at least one blog post of people not believing parents when their kids asked for books for Christmas or birthday presents. Word Nerd always asked for books... and often still does.

What books -- new releases or otherwise -- are on your wish list for your library?

Word Nerd will start:
  • Truck: A Love Story, by Michael Perry. Word Nerd's read it, but it's very much worth having on her shelf.
  • Morning Star boxed set, by Nick Bantock. This is the second Griffin and Sabine Trilogy... since she's got the first set, the second one would be nice too.

5 comments:

Joshua Grover-David Patterson said...

This is a horribly dangerous question to ask, because my book shelves are already way, way too full.

That said, I need a copy of the third book in the Idlewild trilogy, to go with the 1 and 2 I already have.

Also, Scalzi's The Android's Dream will probably be pretty good.

I think my collection of Fletch books is still missing a volume or three.

I wouldn't say no to The Firefly Companion, Volume 1.

I could do this for a while...

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Well, I need Nora's latest trilogy...

The latest JD ROBB in November...

And the next in the Traveling Pants series out in January by Anne Brashares.

=D

Anonymous said...

A whole slew of books came out recently that I'm dying to get my hands on. The ones I'm most excited about are:

The Pinhoe Egg (the latest Chrestomanci book) by Diana Wynne Jones

The Mislaid Magician, or Ten Years After by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevemer

The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories by Susanna Clarke

Terrier by Tamora Pierce

I doubt I'll be able to wait for the holidays for these.

Krista said...

Any and everything by Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Weiner.

Also, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and Dear John by Nicholas Sparks.

That's all I've got for now.

Krista said...

OH! How could I forget? The final book in the Harry Potter series - once it's released. If it's EVER released.