21 November 2005

Introducing the Word Nerd

One of my journalism profs called me a "word nerd" once. Luckily, I liked that prof.
And she's kind of right.
I read. I write -- for a living and for fun. (Now I blog, too.)
Word Nerd is about those two things, reading and writing. Good writing attracts readers. And being a reader helps train a writer's eye to techniques that work well, or not so well.
They go together. Like peanut butter and jelly. Or Oreos and milk. Or journalism and deadlines...

Currently reading: Hot Six, by Janet Evanovich and Golden Fool, by Robin Hobb.

1 comment:

Stew Rieckman said...

Bethany,

Be sure to enable word recognition feature in the your settings or you will get spammed to death by automated programs.

Also, on the right hand side of your template, there is a way to create permanent links to Web sites that are of mutual interest to your topic.

I can help set them up or you can experiment on your own.