Why not? Let's challenge the system! Embark on a new meaning for Valentine's day! Who really needs three pounds of chocolate, a bottle of wine and bubble bath? (Okay, I'll take it if my husband gives it to me. I'm not too crazy, afterall.)
Instead, I challenge you to think of what you love and match that to the loved one in your life. It could be list of special words, books, authors, significant classics, whatever. The sky's the limit here, folks.
For me, I have two very wonderful boys. This Valentine's Day, I give them the following list of words:
- The Gourmet and The Gourmand, for the picky eater and the bottomless pit.
- Gregarious, for your fondness of people and friends.
- Ubiquitous, for the state of your Lego creations, video games and movies.
- Impish, for the way they make me laugh.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe by Douglas Adams
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Storm Front by Jim Butcher
- Soulless by Gail Carriger
(okay, it's a little eclectic. but I think it represents. And all of the references will be lost on him. I love him anyway.)