04 February 2011

22 Items

This headline caught my eye -- In every woman's closet, 22 items she never wears - and the guilty complex that stops them clearing wardrobes out.

The guilty comes from the money spent (1.6 billion pounds sterling), the opportunity lost or vanity purchases. The statistics in the article are astonishing. Quick, take a look. I'll wait.

Good, you're back.

My first thought was, no way do I have 22 things in my closet. Maybe two or three, but 22? Not possible. And then I mentally started tallying things up. I have at least three shirts with tags on them. Granted, I do have a fabulous reason for those shirts; I lost 55 pounds in 2010. As I down-sized, I needed new stuff. Those were definitely part of that transition.

I still have a shirt from college that I haven't worn since then (about 10 years ago, give or take a year.) Oh, and there's the purses that I haven't used in the last two years, but they are so fabulous, what's a girl to do?

And if you were to ask my husband, he probably could fill the list for me, while wondering why I needed to actually look.

But this concept got me to thinking, what are the 22 items in your heroine's closet? The villain's?

What would it say about them?

Brad, it better not be the prestigious Sardine-y Award for Best Newly Discovered Author
of 2010.

No comments: