05 October 2010

Must Reads

Every reader I know has a decent sized list of "must read" authors. While mine have changed a bit over the year, there's a fair number that always remain on the list.

Madeleine L'Engle and the Wrinkle in Time Series
Jim Butcher and the Dresden files
J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter Series
Audrey Niffenegger and The Time Traveler's Wife
Eoin Colfer and the Artemis Fowl Series
Diana Gabaladon and the Outlander Series

If you ask me what I'd recommend, I'm like to pull on from that list.

Who is on your must read list?

3 comments:

Bethany K. Warner said...

Depends for me on what kind of book somebody wants to read and what book(s) have captivated me lately.

I'm still recommending David Gordon's "The Serialist" and Michael J. White's "Weeping Underwater Looks a lot like Laughter."

As for series, any of Stacie's picks are good. Add Harry Bosch by Michael Connelly and Jack Reacher by Lee Child for the mystery element and you're looking at a big chunk of my list.

liz said...

Robin McKinley and the Damar Series [all two books of them!]

The Novel Road said...

No Douglas Adams on your list? I have a historic fiction, O'Brien, Forrester, etc...

All the Best,

DougM