Word Nerd has gone a little bit bonkers with the library card lately (although better the library card than say a MasterCard...) and now has quite the stack of books on her floor in front of the bookshelf that she should read once she's done with rereading all the Harry Potter books.
Here's what awaits her and why she picked the book up. Maybe. This pile has been known to change rapidly...
-Pretender, by C.J. Cherryh. It's book 8 of Cherryh's 9-book Foreigner cycle. Gotta get through the whole thing and see if peace is returned to the planet.
- Solomon vs. Lord, by Paul Levine. Word Nerd found out about Paul Levine over at the Naked Authors blog. The book sounds good and funny.
- Black Echo, by Michael Connelly. The PI Poll that Word Nerd was running for a time said to read the Harry Bosch books. This is the first Harry Bosch book.
- How to Seduce a Ghost, by Hope McIntyre. First and for the record, this is not a how-to book. It's fiction. A mystery actually. About a ghostwriter.
- The Hunt, by Allison Brennan. This is the sequel to Brennan's "The Prey," a book that Word Nerd only found to be so-so. But Word Nerd was told Brennan's books get better, so she picked up the second one to see for herself.
- Hood, by Stephen R. Lawhead. Word Nerd's been a Lawhead fan for years now but somehow missed the fact that he had a new series out working his magic this time on the Robin Hood legend. She spotted this book at the bookstore and promptly left it there to check out the library's copy instead.
Anybody else? What's in your Pile?