It's time for another Q&A with an author.
This week, it's Anne Frasier. Frasier is the author of Hush, Sleep Tight, Play Dead, Before I Wake and Pale Immortal, which is scheduled for release in September. For more information on Frasier, check out her website, or her blog.
1. Place you do most of your writing:
Sitting on the floor in the living room, laptop on a tray table, back against the couch.
2. While you write, do you do anything else (munch on carrots or drink tea or listen to heavy metal, for example?)
I drink tea. I always intend to drink water, but that rarely happens.
3. Why did you decide to be a writer?
I don’t think I ever decided to become a writer; I decided to write a book. Then another book. It was a long time before I ever said I’m a writer. I’ve written eighteen books and it still feels strange to say those words.
4. What author(s) inspire you?
J. D. Salinger, Stephen King, Michael Cunningham. Many more.
5. How long did you have to work on writing before your first book was accepted for publication? Four years.
6. What made you keep working until it was done?
I’m stubborn and was completely unwilling to accept defeat.
7. How did you feel when you first saw your name on the cover of a book?
I had to keep looking at it. Even though I could see it in my mind because I’d stared at it for so long, I had to keep picking up the book over and over. But there was also a very disconnected feeling and an inability to completely embraced the moment because it seemed so unreal.
8. If you had to actually live the life of one of the characters in your book(s) who would you want to be and why?
I would like to be Rachel Burton from PALE IMMORTAL -- my upcoming September release. She’s independent, and practical, yet finds herself visited and guided by the dead.